1. Safe operation of the packer
2. Applications and characteristics.
(1) Applicable range
(2) Main specifications and technical parameters
3 Installation and commissioning
(2) Power supply
(3) Trial run
4 Adjustment and operation
(1) Control panel
(2) Adjustment of film length
(3) Adjustment and use of mid sealing.
a) Loading of paper.
b) Adjustment of film tension.
c) Adjustment and use of mid sealing.
(4) Use of photoelectric switch tracking system
(5) Adjustment of speed of horizontal sealing tool.
(6) Adjustment of rest of horizontal sealing tool.
(7) Adjustment of rest and cutter horizontal sealing tool.
(8) Adjustment of position of packed product (adjustment of cake position).
5. Regular start.
6. Maintenance and inspection.
(1) Maintenance and clean for machine every day or every shift.
(2) Maintenance and clean for machine every month.
(3) Relevant inspection for machine once a half year.
Electric block diagram
Electric wiring diagram
Before using this packer, please be acquainted with all contents in this operation manual, which will help you to understand the basic performance, structure and ways of operation, maintenance and repair, use this packer correctly, give its features to full play, reduce the potential trouble, and prolong its service life.
During the trial run, the operator should read the manual carefully, turn on the packer under the instruction of the staff of the company, and learn to operate this packer as soon as possible.
1. safe operation of this machine
(1) check the operating surface, conveyance belt and sealing tool rest and make sure there is no tool or any impurity on them each time before start . Be sure there is no abnormality around the packer.
(2) make sure that the adjusting knob for packing speed is turned to the minimum each time before start.
(3) it is strictly forbidden to make the hand or head close to or contact with any operating part during the operation of the packer.
(4) it is strictly forbidden to stretch the hand or any tool into the horizontal sealing tool rest during the operation of the packer.
(5) it is strictly forbidden to shift the operation buttons frequently, nor to change the parameter settings frequently without any authorization during the normal operation of the packer.
(6) over speed long-term operation is strictly forbidden.
(7) when the packer is operated, adjusted or repaired by several persons at the same time, such persons shall communicate with each other well. To make any operation, the operator shall first send out the signal to others. I t would be best to turn off the master power switch.
(8) always inspect or repair the electric control circuit with power off. Such inspection or repair must be done by the professional electrical personnel. As the auto program of this packer is locked, no one could modify it without any authorization.
(9) it is strictly forbidden to operate, adjust or repair the machine by the operator who has not kept a clear head because of drunk or fatigue.
Warning: for the safety of yourself, the others and the equipment, please follow the above requirements for operation. The company shall bear no liability for any accident caused by failure to meet the above requirements.
2． Applications and characteristics.
(1) Applicable range.
This pacer is applicable for packing all kinds of solid and regular objects, including the foods such as biscuit, bread, instant noodle, ice cream, moon cake and soft sweets, and other objects such as toilet soap, medicated essence, note book, pen pack, tape and medicines in regular shapes.
This packer has the characteristics of fine leak tightness; clear sealing, fast and stable operation, compact structure and low noise.
(2) Main specifications and technical parameters.
Size, feature and technical parameter of standard unit
Packing speed （pack/min）
Width of film（mm）
Main motor power(kw)
Percentage of pass(%)
Type of supply
OPP、PE、PVC、OPP/CPP、PT/PE、KOP/CPP、aluminum film, etc。
Note: the main specifications and technical parameters in the above table are all for standard unit. To pack the product other than those in this scope, it is required to replace the corresponding spare parts of the mechanical equipment, which belong to the non-standard configuration. If your machine has the non-standard configuration, some parameters may be.
3. Installation and commissioning.
Do not install the machine in the following places, or it may affect the normal operation of the equipment.
To install the packer on the level surface, you should install the machine levelly by taking the product conveying surface as the reference. To install the packer level meter shall be put on the reference plane (namely, the conveying surface for product), to regulate the six adjusting screws at the bottom of packer, and level the product conveying surface. If it is necessary to coordinate with any other machine or process in the production line, such as to match the packer the smooth conveyance of products.
② Under direct sunshine.
The photoelectric switch may malfunction when the packer is installed under direct sunshine or strong light.
③ Under excessively high temperature or low temperature, or with too narrow space.
The applicable operating ambient temperature of this packer is 0～45°;humidity: no condensation water, 10～90﹪RH.
④ With vibration.
⑤ Near the ventilation equipment or the exhaust hole of the air regulator.
⑥ With corrosive gas or dust which is inapplicable for the packer.
(2). Power supply.
Insert the blue cylindrical plug at one end of the power cable into the corresponding socket on right side of the electric box, and the plug at other end into the supply socket.
Note: this packer applies the supply of 220VAC 50HZ. Never connect this packer with 380VAC or any other supply not complying with the above requirements. To quarantine the safe connection, it shall be done by a professional electrical personnel.
② Turn on the master power switch
Turn on the master power switch on the right side of the electric box.
(3) Trial run
Make the following checks after the first power-on
①First, make sure to set the speed regulating knob to the min position. Then press jog, and check if the packer is in normal operation without any abnormality.
Check the trial run of the packer
②When everything around the packer is guaranteed as safe, press ”start” to run the packer. Press “stop” to stop the running.
1. Control panel( see figure 2: block diagram of operation panel).
(1) Operation panel of touch screen
The operation panel can display (see figure 3) the running and adjusting menu.
A. Display of actual paper length (unit: mm)
Operation: click screen and enter actual length data. “+” and “-“can
Add or reduce the data. Paper length range is between 40MM to 200MM.
B. Packing speed displays actual packing speed.
C. Display of cutting position.
Operation: enter actual cutting position. “-” can move cutting position to the left. “+” can move cutting position to the right. Once moving, cutting position would add or reduce 1MM corresponding.
Note: The data of cutting position displayed can not be beyond displayed bag length.
D. Display“<” and “>” button
Function: pull the paper manually and display the compensation automatically.
Operation: During the operation of the packer, if you want to forward or backward a section of the film, or to stop the main unit, the film should move forward or backward for a certain distance. This could be done by such two buttons, which are both of jog operation. These two buttons are equipped with indicators. When the packer is under operation, the red and green indicators will flash alternatively, meaning the normal automatic compensation and tracking.
E. Display clear bag
When stopping packer, pressing “clear bag” would make total bag to zero. Once resetting, total bag would be calculated again.
F. Setting of standard paper length (unit: mm). Color mark on/off means electric tracing on or not.
G. Operation over: during the operation and adjusting of machine, operation state would be showed on the upper of the screen.
H. Alarm information
When the packer is under operation, any error occurring would stop the packer and show on the screen. Then check and remove them. Press “cycle stop” would relieve alarm.
I. Printer use
Click printing on and enter the printing position. “+” and “-“ can adjust a little.
J. Inflation use
Click inflation on and press jog button. Make sure the cutter to the position of inflation start. Then Input cutter position to first quantity input .After that, re-press jog button. to make sure the cutter to the position of inflation end. Then input cutter position to second quantity input. Last, start packer and adjust start position and end position.
K. cutter now position
Only for reference. Can’t revise it.
This knob functions to regulate the packing speed of this packer. Turn it clockwise to quicken up the packer, and turn it counterclockwise to slow it down. Remember to turn to the knob to the minimum every time after stop, to prevent from any danger due to over-speed of the packer at the next start.
(3) Temperature controller for mid sealing
Function: the controller for the temperature of mid sealing.
(4) Temperature controller for horizontal sealing.
Function: the controller for the temperature of horizontal sealing.
Use and operation of the temperature controller: the temperature controller is the instrument for temperature control. It is continuously adjustable within 0-399℃, whose setting depends on the package speed, thickness of package paper and the ambient temperature. With the most suitable setting, the two sealing (horizontal sealing and mid sealing) of he product packed shall be airtight and without any wrinkle(for the detailed operation, see operation manual of the temperature controller).
Within dependent control for both the horizontal sealing and mid sealing of this packer, regulation must be done separately.
2. Adjust the paper length,
If your packer adopts the “auto adjustment” for paper length, please adjust the length of paper in the following way.
First, set the paper length required in the operation panel(for the setting of the length, see figure 1), then start the packer without loading the paper to idly run the packer, and the packer will execute the automatic length adjustment program. Stop the packer when the actual length displayed in the operation panel equals to the standard length, and the automatic length adjustment finishes at this time.
(1) The electric eye shall be moved to the non-operating position during the length tracking process.
(2) The setting of the paper length must be within the limitation, or the length racking process will fail.
3. Installation and commissioning of packing film
(1) Paper loading steps( refer to figure 3)
A. Load the film on roller, with the exit to right.
B. Regulate the film roll centering hand wheel to enable the film in the
center of the roller (namely, the central line of the mid sealing).
The film moves as shown figure 3. If your packer is equipped with the marker, please round the roller of the marker first, then round the transition roller and active roller. When the film is rounding the active roller, turn the pressure handle to separate the active roller and rubber roller for paper drawing, and the film will enter into the bagger through the electric eye regulating roller, transition roller and pendulum roller. Then disconnect the on-off handle for mid sealing to enable the paper pass through the paper pulling pulley, heating plate for mid sealing and pressure pulley(for ironing –plate type), or through the paper pulling pulley and heating and pressure pulley(integral mid sealing by heating and pressing). Later switch on the on-off handle, press “jog” on the main unit continuously, and pass the film through the vertical sealing tool. The entire paper loading process finished at this time.
(2) Film tension adjustment.
As only the film with uniform tension passing the bagger can result in the smooth paper feeding. it is necessary to make adjustment in the following way before start.
A .It is abnormal for the film with tightened sides and slack center, or tightened side and slack side. At this time, swing the angular pendulum bar or move the roller on the angular endue bar up and down to change the angle height between this roller and the bagger, so as to achieve the uniform tension.
B. Turn on the machine when the uniform tension is achieved .For the integral mid sealing by heating or pressing, if the film before bagging (touching by hand) is too tight or slack (impossible for ironing-plate mid sealing), change this by regulating the trimming hand wheel for third wheel (such hand wheel for integral mid sealing by heating and pressing is in the right front in the middle of the electric box. Turn the hand wheel clockwise to tighten the film , and turn it counterclockwise to loose the film.
C. For ironing-plate mid sealing, if there is any paper stored up or pulled between the paper pulling pulley or pressure pulley, it can be adjusted by regulating the third party (the hand wheel of the ironing-plate mid sealing is on the back of the side plate of the mid sealing).Turn the hand wheel counterclockwise to the film, and turn it clockwise to loose the film.
D. If the product packed has the uneven mid sealing, it is necessary to turn the film roll centering wheel (turn it clockwise to move the film backward, and turn it counterclockwise to move the film forward) with suitable adjusting amount (because the adjustment effect will not be reflected immediately),until the uniform mid sealing is achieved.
(3) Note for the adjustment and use of mid sealing.
The effect of the mid sealing(vertical sealing of film) shall be airtight and with clear veins. Otherwise, make the adjustment in the following ways:
A. Put two pieces of white paper with a piece of carbon paper in the middle between two engaged mid sealing pressing pulleys, and turn the pulleys, and turn the pulleys for the round. Then, open the paper and the mark on it shall be clear and uniform. Otherwise, adjustment shall be made: for ironing-plate mid sealing, loose the two fastening screws on the active pressure pulley(without bearing),gently knock at the pulley to make it a little higher or lower, and observe the mark again. Repeat such adjustment until the mark satisfying the above requirement is made. Adjustment shall be made patiently, and never knock at the tooth face directly. The maximum height of the two pulleys can not touch the panel(generally 0.5-1mm from the panel).For integral mid sealing by pressing, loose the fastening screws on the helical gear below the mid sealing wheel axle(eccentric, namely, the axle closet to the operator), gently knock at the helical gear downward to release it from the engaged position, then turn the mid sealing wheel axle for an angle and knock at the helical gear to move it back, and observe the mark therefore. Repeat such adjustment until the mark satisfying the above requirement is made. Finally tighten the loosen screws.
B, if the sealing is not ideal with the finely adjusted veins and under the suitable temperature, regulate the pressure adjustment screw(on the left of the on-ff handle of the integral mid sealing by heating and pressing, and on the shell under the mid sealing wheel for ironing-plate mid sealing) to tighten or loose the two pulleys, until the sealing becomes perfect.
Note: as the mid sealing unit of the packer before deliver has already been adjusted carefully and inspected strictly, no adjustments shall be made generally.
4. Use of photoelectric switch tracking system
The photoelectric tracking system includes the programmable controller, color-code photoelectric eye, differential mechanism, cutter and proximity switch. It mainly functions to monitor the accuracy of the length of each package bag. No monitor shall be made for the series film without the color code. The color code must be dark, and black would be the best. The size of the color code is horizontally 8-10mm, and vertical 3-5mm, as shown in the right of figure 5.
Figure 5 position of color-code cutter and size of color code.
(1) Way and steps of adjustment
A. Measure the accurate distance between the two color codes by a ruler.
B. Set the length of film to that desired by you without feeding the film.
C. Load the film, jog the packer, and stop it when the paper has passed through the cutter. Press the compensation button on the control panel to move and aim the color on the paper at the cutter, loose the electric eye regulating roller and turn the lock nut on the back of the hand wheel, and turn the hand wheel until the color code on the film just aligns with the beam from the color-code photoelectric eye(the light on the photoelectric eye must be off tat this time, and must be on conversely). Then tighten the lock nut and turn on the packer. long as the packer is turned on , the electric eye will start tracking. If the cutter is at the position shown in the upper left one of figure 5, move the regulating roller a little leftward. If the cutter is at the position shown in the lower left one of figure 5, move the regulating roller a little rightward. he adjustment amount each time shall be suitable until the right result is achieved. Make sure to tighten the lock nut after the operation.
Note: during the normal operation, the two compensation indicator on the panel shall flash alternatively, meaning the normal automatic compensation and tracking. If the red indicator flashes all the time, it means that the setting of paper length is excessively high. At this time, turn on the packer and reduce the setting by 1mm each time to make the observation, until the red and green indicators flash alternatively. If he green indicator lashes all the time, it means that the setting of paper length is excessively low. At this time, turn on the packer and increase the setting by 1mm each time to make the observation, until the red and green indicators lash alternatively. For the way of adjustment, see the setting of paper length in notes for operational panel.
5. Speed adjustment for horizontal sealing tool
To achieve the fine sealing effect, the speed of the horizontal sealing tool shall be adjusted respectively for the package of different length. The principle of adjustment is that the linear speed of the horizontal sealing tool carrier shall be same with that of the package film(namely, the pressure pulley) is, without any paper stored up or pulled during the cutting of paper. If there is any paper stored up, it means that the tool speed is too low, and you can turn the speed adjustment hand wheel for horizontal sealing tool counterclockwise. If there is any paper pulled, it means that the tool speed is too high, and you can turn the speed adjustment hand wheel for horizontal sealing tool clockwise. The synchronized linear speed must be achieved in such way.
6. Adjustment of horizontal sealing tool carrier
Figure 6 block diagram for adjustment of horizontal sealing tool carrier
In the packaging process, the central height of engagement of the tool carrier during cutting shall be same with the central height of the product packed as shown in figure 6, so as to achieve the perfect and beautiful package effect. If the engaging central height differs from the height of the product packed for quite a lot, the height of he sealing tool must be readjusted in the following way: loose the four bolts loosen on the side of the sealing tool, then adjust the hex bolt in the middle of the cover(red) of the sealing tool(turn it clockwise to rise the entire sealing tool unit, and turn it counterclockwise to drop the entire sealing tool unit), to make s been engaging central height of the tool carrier same with the central height of the product packed. After the adjustment, always tighten the four loosed bolts before start.
7. Adjustment of horizontal sealing tool carrier and cutter
A. Adjustment of tool carrier
The adjustment quality of the tool carrier is the key point for the quality of the horizontal sealing. Because the tool carrier has been carefully adjusted and strictly inspected before delivery, which may not be out-of-position under the normal operation, do not adjust the tool carrier rashly. In the event that is necessary to adjust the tool carrier, make the check by observing the marked vein on the two pieces of white papers with a carbon paper in between. If there is the clear vein and even mark, no adjustment shall be made. In case that the two tool carriers are both out-of-position in the same on the cylindrical gear in front of lower tool carrier, then slightly turn a tool carrier for a little angle till ideal adjustment result is achieved, and finally lock the holding screw firmly. When the two tool carriers are out-of-position in the different way, make the adjustment separately. Loose M10 crew on the tool carrier, then move the tool carrier by slight knocking (left or right) till ideal adjustment result is achieved, and finally tighten M10 screw.
The adjustment of the tool carrier should be done without heating.
Figure 7 block diagram for adjustment of horizontal sealing tool carrier.
B. Adjustment of cutter
Adjust the cutter which can not cut off the film. Generally, the adjustment is made b taking the copper spacer, and the standard for adjustment is that the cutter just cuts off the film without the excessively high engaging noise. Replace the cutter if no perfect result is achieved. The adjustment of the cutter must be done in heating condition(about 100℃)
8. Adjustment of position of the product packed(namely, adjustment of cake position)
Put an article to be packed on the tailstock first, and adjust the distance between the two moving panels so that the article to be packed can move smoothly under the driving of the pusher. Then adjust the internal width of the bagger at the request of the client(Tightness of the package), jog the packer to send the article to be packed into the packaged paper, and stop it just in front of the horizontal sealing tool carrier. Make the adjustment if the position is at (y), and make no adjustment if the position is at (x), readjust the cake position when it is required to pack the product of different length.
Way of adjustment: for integral unit by heating and pressing, pull the cake position adjustment hand wheel outward, turn it clockwise for a certain angle at the same time to reset it, then put in the product, jog the packer and observe the cake position. Make more adjustments until the product is at the right position.
Note: in the adjustment of such packer, always pull out the above cake position adjustment hand wheel when the machine is completely stopped. Never make the adjustment during the operation of the machine.
For the ironing –plate packer, loose the pressing screw on the article of the cake position adjustment hand wheel , then turn the hand wheel counterclockwise( for many circles, to observe the moving distance of the cake pusher). Then put in the product, jog the packer and observe the cake position. Make the adjustment repeatedly and tighten the pressing screw loosed after the adjustment.
Figure 8 block diagram for cake position adjustment
The packer will start the normal production after the above adjustments. However, some inspection and trial runs must be made before the normal production.
1. Safety inspection
Check if there is any impurity on the conveyance belt, operating surface and horizontal sealing tool carrier, and make sure there is no other one operating the machine.
2. Switch on the master power switch and heater switch
Switch on the master power switch, then the heater switch on the operation panel, and check the temperature displayed on each temperature controller. The heating temperature will vary depending on the film material, packing speed and the ambient environment.
3. Set the paper length and adjust the actual paper length
Set the paper length based on the film length. idly run the packer without loading the paper, to make the actual paper length in compliance with the length setting.
4. Load the film and feed it smoothly, adjust the engaging enter of the horizontal sealing tool carrier and the linear speed of the horizontal sealing tool carrier, and adjust the electric eye.
Load the film, feed it in sequence, set the packing speed to the minimum, and make the adjustment so long as the packer is turned on, namely, to adjust the height, position and width of the bagger( at this time, the width and height of the product to be packed should not touch the film when passing through the bagger), adjust the engaging center of the horizontal sealing tool carrier to make it as high as the central height of the product packed, and adjust the linear speed of the horizontal sealing tool carrier(hereinafter referred to as “tool speed”) to make it approximately as same as the linear sped of he film and without any paper stored up or pulled Idly run the packer smoothly, then adjust the electric eye properly.
5. Adjustment of cake position
Put in the product to be packed, and adjust the cake position to be right.
6. Trial run
Suitably speed up the packing speed when the packer is turned on , to observe the results of the above adjustments. Continue the previous adjustments in case any abnormality is found in such results. If the results are in normal, set the packing speed, and check if he package appearance and sealing meet the relevant requirements (the temperature of the heater shall rise correspondingly when the speed is quickened).
7. Start normal production
Normal production can be started so long as all adjustments become applicable.
Maintenance and inspection
1. Maintenance and clean for machine every day or every shift
(1) Clean the machine each time after packaging.
(2) Turn off he power before cleaning the machine.
(3) Never spray the water or steam directly on he machine in cleaning.
(4) Main components to be cleaned
Remove the product chips store up in the conveyance line of the product by compressed air or in other way.
Brush off the film chips adhered to the sealing surface of he sealer by the sire brush applied with the silicone oil.
Conductive ring of the temperature controller. Clean it once a week or two weeks. Clean the conductive ring by the back of the sandpaper when the master power is cut off.
2. Maintenance and clean for machine every month
(1) Apply the lubricating grease on the bearing of the sealer (sealing tool unit) at the end.
(2) Apply the lubricating grease on the gear and chain (pulley) of the driving unit
(3) Check the tightness of the chain and belt of the driving unit, and tighten the loosed one
(4) Check the tightness of the fastening screw or nut of all parts, and tighten the loosed one
3. Relevant inspection for machine once a half year
(1) Check the wear intensity of the belt of the driving unit and replace the worn-out one.
(2) Check the wear intensity of the rubber roller, and replace the one affecting the paper advancing effect
(3) Properly adjust the brake unit of the paper carrying roller
(4) Check all wearing part, and immediately replace the damaged one
(5) Check the fastness of the wiring on the electrical terminal plate, and tighten the loosed one. Check the frequency converter, programmable controller and breadboard, and remove the dust or dirt on them by the compressed air.
Out of position of paper
(1) The film is not at the center
(2) The tension of film is not adjusted well
(3) The bagger is too low, and the feeding pusher touches the paper
(4) The bagger is too narrow
(5) The film is advanced too fast or too slow
(1) Adjust the film roll centering hand wheel or center it in reverse.
(2) Refer to
(3) Raise the bagger just till the pusher leaves the paper
(4) Adjust the width adjustment hand wheel for the bagger, to make it a little wider.
Out of position of electric eye
(1) inaccurate length
(2) active roller for paper advancing is too dirty
(3) no response from electric eye
(4) no response or deviation of proximity switch on the tool shaft
(5) excessively tight or loose braking
(6) improper setting of compensation
(7) malfunction of auto compensation mechanism
(1) set the length again
(2) clear the dirt and black spot on the roller
(3) check the color code, and adjust the distance between the electric eye and the paper or the sensitivity knob on the electric eye. The light on the electric eye shall be off with color code aiming at it, and be on when it moves away.
(4) Adjust the distance between the proximity switch and the cam(2-3mm). when the upper and lower tools are in the same line, the proximity switch shall aim at the slab on the cam, with the light on.
(5) Adjust the connecting angle of the spring with the fixture block on the braking belt.
(6) Change the compensation setting
(7) Refer to the next item
Malfunction of auto compensation mechanism
(1) the motor is burnt or rotates in one direction only
(2) the start capacitor is damaged
(3) The relay is damaged
(4) The differential malfunctions
(1) replace the motor
(2) replace the capacitor
(3) replace the relay
(4) adjust or replace the bearing
The cutter cuts on the product
(1) the pusher is asynchronous with the cutter
(2) the position of the material inside the bagger changes
(3) the tool carrier is excessively high or low
(1) refer to . adjustment of cake position
(2) adjust the packing force of the press spring to the product
adjust the height of the tool carrier unit, to make the bagging center of the tool carrier in the middle of the product height.
Air leakage of horizontal sealing or with broken paper
(1) excessively high or low temperature
(2) dirty tool carrier
(3) upper and lower carriers are out of position
(4) poor paper quality
(5) the tool speed is excessively fast or slow
(1) replace the electric eye
(2) replace the proximity switch
(3) readjust the parameter, repair the gearbox, or readjust the electric eye
No paper length display
(1) dirty or broken electric eye for paper length
(2) improper position of electric eye and gear panel
(3) broken or improper position of proximity switch of tool carrier
(1) clean or replace the electric eye
(2) adjust the position of the electric eye and the gear panel
(3) replace the proximity switch or adjust its position
The temperature controller fails to control the temperature or has no display
(1) the heating unit is damaged
(2) the solid relay is damaged
(3) the thermal couple is damaged
(4) the temperature controller is damaged due to excessively high or unstable voltage
(1) replace the heating unit
(2) replace the solid relay
(3) replace the thermal couple
(4) replace the temperature controller
Related Industry Knowledge
- How long should the reverse osmosis...
- New trends in the development of fo...
- The trend of the innovation of food...
- The wide application of food machin...
- Market change of baked food machine...
- What is the convenience of beverage...
- A course of installation and use of...
- Precautions for drilling machine op...
- Development direction of packaging ...
- How to improve the packaging effect...
- Advantages of our garlic peeling ma...
- user manual for the meatal detector
- Full automatic soybean milk instruc...
- How to sprout the garlic
- OR-500 Rice Washing Machine Instruc...
- Drilling machine internal knowledge...
- Instruction Manual for Automatic Co...